It all began in Hornberg, Germany in 1817 when Georg Friedrich Horn built an earthenware factory initially focused solely on the manufacture of crockery. In 1956, production evolved from earthenware to porcelain, extending the product range to include sanitary ceramics. This provided a platform for future success and also introduced the sanitary world to a new name: Duravit.
One source of Duravit’s tremendous strength, which it continues to cultivate, is its deep connection to the Black Forest. This is why Duravit is, for example, a partner and sponsor of the Black Forest natural park, a large nature reserve that is also Germany’s largest natural park.